Tuesday, November 13, 2007

blog 5-7

The ingredients that I uses in my meal comes from many different places. In the blog before wrote how the mash potatoes come from Orrville, Ohio, the chicken comes from Horsham, PA. The salt and pepper come from Maryland and the oil from Cordova, TN. Because all of these places are in America a lot of trucking is used to get the product from where they’re made to where we are. When I called up Perdue (1-800-992-7043) and ask how they get their products to places like New York, the answer that they gave me was trucking. The same was true for McCormick salt and pepper. They also truck as a way of distribution. And it’s no big surprise when I called Hungry Jack Company (1 888 767 7494) which is in Orrville, Ohio and found out that their also use trucking to get their products to New York. I never really think about how these foods end up in the supermarkets, I was just happy that it was there, but doing this blog I got to learn how it all goes about.

No comments: